Saturday, 19 March 2011

Do animals commit suicide???

I ask this not because I've been playing Lemmings but because of 2 incidents that happend to me this week.

While driving home from work on Tuesday, I had to take a detour because there was a hullabaloo further up the road, It turns out a tractor had spilled it load. The detour road is one that is extremely windy, full of sharp turns with a few hills for good measure. It was on one of these hilly corners that my 1st "incident" occurred.

As I came round a dog just casually strolled out in front of me, so I slammed on the brakes and after a bit of cursing, revered the car a little so I could straighten up. This is when I noticed the dog just sitting in the middle of the road, staring at me willfully, almost daring me to slam the throttle down and just get it over with. I kid you not, thats the look that this big black lab was giving me. Of course I didn't oblige, I slowly crawled the car up to him and beeped the horn, this freaked him out and he bolted. Never to be seen again.

Incident 2 has a similar theme to it. Driving home from work (yup! Im always workin), when this time its a big majestic cock Pheasant that walks out in front of me. Again brakes are slammed, curses are cursed and horns are beeped. Difference this time is the fucker isn't afraid of the horn. So I nudge the car right up to it and he stays put. Eventually I had to get out to it and shoe him out the road (read kicked him over the hedge). Alas I did see this guy again and he has had his wish fulfilled by someone else. :(

It seems my local wildlife are all depressed, maybe I should think about spiking the local water source with Valium.

After a little research on the topic my head hurts. It seems this question diverges into all sorts of philosophical and religious questions, the kind of meaning of life questions that not really any one can answer. So to answer my own question it seems that nobody knows for sure.

As I wrote this, I was reminded of a dead Squirrel I seen in the woods a few weeks back. It seemed to me that the branch it had been running on had broken and when they both fell the branch hit the Squirrel and knocked it out, cus the fluffy little guy was under the branch 2 feet sticking out like the Witch from wizard of Oz. It seems even the Grim Reaper has a sense of humor. I did take a pic but the post is somber enough without visual aids.

I do apologize if your now depressed.

This should cheer you right up!




0 comments: