Sunday, 1 May 2011

Sunshine = BBQ time.



I'll let you in on a little secret......Here in Northern Ireland we don't get very much sunshine. O.K. so not much of a secret. Huh!


However, we occasionally do get a little (whenever the Leprechauns allow it). A little meaning about 2-3 weeks per year, usually in April/May. When it does show its face, we go mad for it. Shorts appear, Jumpers are abandoned and the BBQ's come out of storage and boy do they come out fast.


I'm a butcher and I take the brunt of this BBQ stampede, for a few weeks am on Burger patrol! In a typical week me and my butcher buddy, Micheal make 100 burgers, this week 600 :o and whats worse I did that many by myself. My partner in crime took his hols on the sunniest week of the year. 


But it's behind me now and I can't hold a grudge because it was my last ever time of holding the fort by myself. In 16 days I'll be starting my final shift....then its off to Australia. :D


I know it sounds like I'm complaining about BBQ's but am not. I've managed to squeeze in 3 in 3 days. I've prob eaten my weight in cow. God, I do love the smell of the coals...and the beer and the over indulgence and the craic and of course the sunshine. 


This is #4 :O




Thats me for now, I promise to update sooner that 2 weeks.


Till then...Peace!




1 comments:

Kylie Gilchrist said...

Gimmie 50 burgers please, Im havin a party!!!