Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Australia, Are you ready?



WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 


My Working Holiday Visa for Australia has been granted as of this morning.


I've been hesitant to write a post about this (there are small mentions in other posts) Not because I didn't want people to know, just in the fear that I may be getting ahead of myself. When that happens Murphys Law usually kicks in.


Now that, that one big hurdle has been cleared am spilling.


It was approximately this time last year when I was asked if I would like to go Australia by this lovely person right here. The plan being to get away shortly after the new year, but that was never going to viable. Just not enough time to save the required monies.


Then we decided the end of April to be a good date, this being just after both of our Birthdays, but again this date wasn't going to work. 
   You see Kylie having already spent a year in Oz studying at Flinders Uni in Adelaide made some really good friends and as it happened, one of them was gonna be in the country at the start of May. Being the good boyfriend that I am I was only to happy to postpone for a few weeks to let these buddies catch up.


I'm not upset that the date of departure has changed a few times if anything its the opposite. It would have been easy to just say "ah fuck it, It doesn't seem this is gonna happen" and just give up on it. The fact that I still wanted to go has made me realize that this is totally the right thing to do.


So now the date is set. We will be flying out from Belfast Airport on the 3rd June, (which is only 8 days away) with a brief stop over in London with hopefully just enough time for me to be all touristy almost Micro-tourism??? Then a hop to a stopover in some mid-Asian country and then a straight shot to Sydney, Australia.


AUSTRALIA: BE PREPARED. WHERE COMING!










4 comments:

Mynx said...

Are you coming to Adelaide?
My son goes to Flinders
Oh that is so cool

ThomasMcCool said...

Hey Mynx, Thats a certainty, Kylie will be wanting to see friends but it may not be till early 2012. This big ol' world just gets smaller by the day. :)

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Cool that is great news hope you really enjoy your stay in my wonderful country I think I live in the best country in the world but I think most people think that about their country.

Kylie Gilchrist said...

@Mynx ... we most prob be visiting Adelaide.. I loved it there, and I miss the FU Iced Coffee :P. Beginning of Dec, or if not then, beginning of Jan

:O I also went to Flinders!!! Wow!