Friday, 23 September 2011

Good news/ Bad News Situation.

1st the good news.

I've said before how I was supposed to be moving to a Horse adjistment property and then I said it again in case you lot where not listening. Well now I can report that I've actually gone and moved up to the place.

It's about 15km outside Townsville, situated in a Vally with lots of trees and dust.

I've been training for the last 3 days on how to look after 10+ horses,30+ chickens, a goat, dog, cat and some fish. My mentor in this production of animal farm has been Fay. She is one of the original OzIntro crew we met in Sydney way back at the start of June and now someone I would consider a good friend.

She has spent the last 7 weeks at this particular farm and it came time to move on, and so I got to replace her.

3 days may not seem a lot, but Fay had gotten the whole system down to a fine art, I merely followed her lead, took notes, asked lots of questions and jumped in at the deep end.

I've committed to 4 weeks minimum and depending on how I feel at the end of these 4 weeks I may stay on for a few more.

Now for the not so good news.

Kylie isn't here with me... :(

You see last week she was told that the cleaning she has been doing in the hostel may count towards her 2nd year visa. The manager still has to check with the owners and get back to her. So she decided that if it does she is going to stay at the hostel and finish out the 88 days required for the 2nd year visa to be granted.

Sucks for me, really sucks. In fact I may have gotten in a strop when she told me what was happening, I didn't speak to her for the rest of the nite. We have spent pretty much the last 3 months together and I've loved every minute and just didn't want it to come to an abrupt halt.

But I can't be selfish, she has worked her arse off in that place and deserves it.

I guess a few weeks living apart may be a good thing in the long run. Absence makes the heart grow fonder etc etc.

So there you go, the big news of the week.

There is a french couple already working here, zer inglish ees nit soooo god but we seem to be communicating okay-ish. Then apparently there is a German girl coming up on Friday/today for 2 weeks, and I have a feeling that its a girl I know from the hostel, well when i say know I mean never ever spoke to before and she has been there 5 weeks. So Awk-Ward.


1 comments:

lyndylou said...

I am sure that you will be so busy that the time will pass very quickly