Wednesday, 9 November 2011

2 posts in 1

New month, new plans.

I was right, I knew it was gonna be hard to pull Kylie away from her work. She doesn't wanna leave, so we are staying in Townsville at least till the end of January.

For me, this means job hunting again, oh how I detest it. I hadn't planned to again until we had gotten to Sydney. I like to work, in fact I prefer it. It's just the whole searching, applying and endless waiting for a yes/no answer. Good news is that the x-mas period has started, so hopefully lots of casual temp positions become available.


I have also been informed that the hostel we have been at, for what seems like forever will be closing its doors to backpackers in favour of 110 Papua New Guinean students. The manager of the place isn't at all happy about it. Mainly because of all the work he has put into building their reputation as a hostel this past year.

That means Hostel hunting and nothing will ever match The Foreign Exchange Hostel. I mean have a look at the place, its like a hotel.


I have extended my stay at the farm for a week. Woopie! When I leave that'll be my 88days regional work done and then some. So that's one less thing to have hanging over my head.


Anne and Franziska, the 2 German woofers who have been here for 4 weeks are leaving today. This means am gonna be doing all the horse/house work again. Dammit. We had been dividing the chores between us but now there all back to me.

There are no replacements on the horizon either.


Change is inevitable I suppose.

_.~'`'~.__.~'`'~.__.~'`'~.__.~'`'~.__.~'`'~.__.~'`'~.__.~'`'~.__.~'`'~.__.~'`'~._

Fun.Fun.Fun :)

Kylie scared the Be'jesus out of me on Saturday. Her blood sugar sky rocketed and I got a txt from her saying she might need to go to the doc's. Me being a 20 min drive away didn't help. Fortunately they came down to a safe (ish) level and she went and took a well earned sleep to herself.

We had planned on going to the cinema that night but we put it off to Sunday. I am glad we did. I had the best day Iv'e had in a long while. Close to being perfect in fact.

We went hunting for the IGA shop so she could get a hit of Farmers Union Ice coffee, couldn't find the place. So we went up Castle Hill instead.


Then went to the cinema to see In Time, with Justin Timberlake and Bug Eyes Amanda Sayfried. It was a very smart movie and thought provoking. Afterwards had a pizza and a walk down the strand, where we encountered swings.


and a climbing frame.

We spent a good few hours playing and having a good chat n catch-up. We watched the fishermen, nite swimmers, joggers and dope smoking hippy's.

I think we are gonna go night swimming in the rock pool, it looks like fun and it's so bloody warm say why the hell not.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I like this. :D It makes me happy and I'm not sure why

ThomasMcCool said...

because you like to see your big bro happy? or the fact your gettin a twofer.