Friday, 2 December 2011

Am a big boy now!

So am three days late but happy 1st birthday to me, as a blogger.

I 1st had the idea to start a blog a few months before I actually did, then Kylie ups and starts one. Coincidence? Yes, but it gave me the we nudge to open mine.

It started off fairly weirdly to be honest, I really had no clue what to write. Then as I started to write more and read more blogs I essentially got the jist of what to do.

The 1st blog that I followed was by a nice lady called Mynx, 2 reasons for this was that she was very honest and funny and secondly she was Australian and with my plans, it gave me a little insight into the workings of an Aussie's mind.

From her blog I was introduced to a few others who I follow now, I have done a guest post for her and received one in turn. I have even got my sister into the act as well, she guested for my 50th post and has since started her own blog.

I guess in a way this whole blogosphere is like a little community. You have friends, you listen to there ups and downs, leave a comment if you think you can be helpful, you look at their holiday snaps, critic their artwork or just read silently and agree that life is the same where ever you are in the world.

I've learned lots from reading blogs, had a lot of laughs and been sorrowed by others and I hope this continues for years to come. I may not always write a blog but I have a feeling that I will always read them.

For now I will continue to update you with my travel experiences and every so often throw in a weird one for good measure, after all I have to live up to the title of blog.

This is me when I was one year old. 80's decor is awesome!


1 comments:

Mynx said...

Awww, so happy to be able to wish you a very happy first blogiversary.
I am loving your Australian experiences and cant wait to see if you make it down my way.