Monday, 16 January 2012

SMOTWC and other goings on.


Batman 1966

Holy turd of a film Batman!

I watched this in 10 min segments, not because that's how they are split on YouTube but because it's so excruciating to watch. The best thing I can say about this movie is that indeed it does end.

It's camper than Ricky Iglesias rind-stone encrusted leather man thong! But we are talking about a movie from 60's America when everything needed to be in bright colours to hold the attention of the tripping hippys.

The crappy outfits were outdone only by the seriously cheesy dialogue. Some examples include

"How should I have known that they would have a can of shark repellent spray with them" Yeah you and me both Penguin. This not only demonstrates the dialogue but also the crazy plot.

"wait it happened at sea, C for cat woman!". If ever there was a reason to use OMG! this is surely it. This is Boy wonder "figuring" out the Riddlers "clues".

It wasn't all grade A Camembert, if you could watch it without squinting you could make out the sub-plots, well sub-plot, where Robin's jealousy of Bruce Wayne getting his way with a pretty Russian was disguised  as common decency. Essentially he turned off the pervy tv in the Bat Mobile.

90% of the budget I would say went into the vehicles, not unlike the modern retellings. Aside from the Bat Mobile there was the Batcopter, Batboat and the greatest of all the Batcycle. You just have to stick a bat shaped fin on it and its a Bat Vehicle.

On my own personal scale I'd give it 3/10 only because it made me laugh so hard at the super cheesy acting and dialogue.

Sorry bout that. Nothing pisses me off more that a shitty movie.

Worked Monday to Friday last week. *MONIES!* So with Saturday off Kylie and I decided to get a bit of culture by going to the Museum of Tropical Queensland. I actually quite enjoyed it, it had quite a few exhibitions to peruse.

H.M.S. Pandora
The Plight of the Aborigines
Bugs and other crawlys
Corals

A little old school bondage.

Minding my own business and then BAM! outta no where attacked by a stuffed Duck. 

This explains it, cus i couldn't be arsed

Umm...yup!

Just after, I panicked a little. Needed to get out!!!!

engrossed by a little informational movie

the frown on walking also.
Finished off a day of brain expansion by going for a wee bite at the place I work. Can anyone say staff discount? :)

Back to work tomorrow. Lunch service again this week, with a new menu to learn. Oh God wish me luck, it's taken me a month to learn the current one.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Feed Me FOOD!

I like your paniced face, and I recognised your interested face straight away cos I do it too
:P

Darren said...

You gotta love crappy movies, there so bad there good, like nearly all ones made for the syfy channel...watch Sharktopus...hilariously bad...lols